The manufacturing industry is an extensive one and is heavily diversified into many branches. One such indispensable branch is that of Hoisting equipment. It is a crucial part of any industry concerning heavy loads and movement. Many hoisting equipment manufacturing companies are involved in the production of hoisting equipment which results in the manufacturing of different kinds. Let us have a view of the classification of different types of Electric Hoist and the range of features they provide.
What does a Hoist do?
Hoists are electro-mechanical devices which depend on mechanical advantages for vertically moving objects and support hanging loads. Mechanical hoist equipment works by distributing weight with the help of gears or pulleys and transferring low range force over long distances into large forces over short distances. It functions by winding a wire rope around a drum or a passing chain over a sprocket and further round other gears and pulleys of different radii. This configuration is known as reeving, and it is vital in determining how the force of the load will be distributed across.
Hoisting equipment is used in mobile and fixed applications and also for lifting in general. They can also be used for particular purposes such as removing car engines and so on. They work by attaching a hook at the fixed end of the load which connects it to a trolley and crane and another hook attached to the moveable end engaging the load.
Different types of hosts and their applications
Let us have a look at the most common types of hoist equipment and how they are used.
- Fix Type Hoist: When the application requires only vertical motion to be handled by a hoist, this type of hoists are used. The most common application of this type of hoist ‘Goods lift’ where it is mounted at the top of the building, and the material is lifted at different floor level. In case of wire rope hoist, it is foot mounted, and in the case of chain hoist, it is top hook mounted.
- Push-Pull or Geared Trolley Hoist: It is a hoisting equipment with a piece of the hand-operated trolley at the top which is equipped with a wheel for facilitating lateral motion manually. The load-bearing capacity is usually up to 3 tonnes. Jib Crane is best suited for this kind of Hoists.
- Electric Hoist with Electric Trolley: The Electric Trolley Wire Rope Hoist is a heavy-duty electric equipment applicable for rough environment applications. This Hoist is one of the fastest moving ones. It uses an electric motor for lifting and another electric motor for lateral movement and can carry more than 20 tonnes of load under the monorail beam. Specific power travel hoists can be designed with more massive load-bearing abilities. This Hoist can genuinely deliver the desired performance, especially in steel mills and chemical plants.
- Double Rail Hoist: The double rail hoist is specifically designed for a singular purpose of supporting double girder cranes. It is also commonly termed as the crab hoist amongst the industry. Double girder cranes are mostly used for an extended period and hence required a piece of specialized hoist equipment. This is where the crab hoist crawls along smoothly and gets the job done.
- Flame Proof Hoist: The name completely describes its utility and is instrumental in hazardous environments prone to fire. Chemical plants and oil refineries are common areas of applications where this Hoist is required. Its working ability is similar to a typical hoist and can be electrically operated by virtue of a handheld pendant.
- Flexible Trolley Hoist: This one is the most versatile hoisting equipment of them all and provides sufficient manoeuvrability. It is particularly useful in environments requiring cross movements. It is capable of navigating through twists and turns and can easily change its course when needed. Massive warehouses and manufacturing units cannot do without them.
- Other kinds: Apart from the common ones mentioned above, there are also a few variations of electric hoist which are modifications of the basic types. A few common varieties are the double rail type hoists and the suspension hosts which operate on a similar principle but a different set of industry applications.
Why is RMS Industries the best manufacturer of hoists?
RMS Industries was established in 1991, and since then we made ourselves a reputation of manufacturing heavy machinery related equipment of excellent quality. We have been producing and supplying equipment such as electric and mechanic hoists throughout the Indian subcontinent and have barely faltered in our delivery expectation level.
The niche we have made for ourselves is in producing highly durable and efficient machinery that are used extensively in industries across the country. This includes the different kinds of hoists that are described above and are useful in many industrial applications. Our official website provides an extensive catalogue where one can find details of such hoists and their specifications. RMS Industries also has very well renowned customer support which will assist you in repair and maintenance as and when required. Our products flaunt modular designs and are top of the shelf quality when it comes to mechanical operability.
When you set off for buying hoisting equipment ensure you know what purpose you want it to serve and what specifications of the hoist parts you require. The environment that it will work in is also crucial in determining the types of Electric Hoist that will suit your purpose. Once that is ascertained, you can visit our website anytime and look up the Hoist that you want and decide on buying it or just drop us a mail, and we will do the rest.