The Electric wire rope hoist is one of the most in-demand products where there is a need for lifting weights up to 20 tons. It is one commonly purchased product from LOADMATE. The assurance of quality offered by us has made the LOADMATE wire rope hoist quite popular amidst the users. The versatile options available with the Hoist give more reliability, and henceforth we have emerged as one of the most trusted suppliers of electric wire rope hoist.
In most of the weight lifting locations, requirements keep changing as per the ongoing work. So, the rope hoist offered by LOADMATE has been customized to fit all sorts of need. The versatility management is taken into special consideration to give absolute satisfaction to clients. The custom-tailored option is one prime benefit of associating with us. Either you need Hoist for your building or runway, Electric wire rope hoist is well adjusted for both cases. It is available in a double girder model or monorail both. You can choose as per your need, for easy movement swivel trolley would do the perfect job, for turning radius, flexible trolley model is a great fit, and for normal usage, normal hoist trolley is what you all need.
You simply put your needs to us, and we will offer you the most suitable match for the job. The wire rope hoist availed by us is sturdy and flexible enough to suit the tough jobs. For those who need wire rope hoist for a hazardous environment are served as well. We offer rope hoist for these typical environments too. In general, it is suggested to get full EOT Crane as this offer safety of the lifting equipment. But, for those who are working in a limited budget, can have Electric Wire Rope Hoist and use in the available crane they have. The best part is LOADMATE offer servicing of the whole crane even in case you only buy the Hoist from us.
What does a Hoist do?
Hoists are electro-mechanical devices which depend on mechanical advantages for vertically moving objects and support hanging loads. Mechanical hoist equipment works by distributing weight with the help of gears or pulleys and transferring low range force over long distances into large forces over short distances. It functions by winding a wire rope around a drum or a passing chain over a sprocket and further round other gears and pulleys of different radii. This configuration is known as reeving, and it is vital in determining how the force of the load will be distributed across.
Hoisting equipment is used in mobile and fixed applications and also for lifting in general. They can also be used for particular purposes such as removing car engines and so on. They work by attaching a hook at the fixed end of the load which connects it to a trolley and crane and another hook attached to the moveable end engaging the load.
Let us have a view of the classification of different types of Electric Hoist and the range of features they provide.
Different types of hosts and their applications
Let us have a look at the most common types of hoist equipment and how they are used.
- Fix Type Hoist: When the application requires only vertical motion to be handled by a hoist, this type of hoists are used. The most common application of this type of hoist ‘Goods lift’ where it is mounted at the top of the building, and the material is lifted at different floor level. In case of wire rope hoist, it is foot mounted, and in the case of chain hoist, it is top hook mounted.
- Push-Pull or Geared Trolley Hoist: It is a hoisting equipment with a piece of the hand-operated trolley at the top which is equipped with a wheel for facilitating lateral motion manually. The load-bearing capacity is usually up to 3 tonnes. Jib Crane is best suited for this kind of Hoists.
- Electric Hoist with Electric Trolley: The Electric Trolley Wire Rope Hoist is a heavy-duty electric equipment applicable for rough environment applications. This Hoist is one of the fastest moving ones. It uses an electric motor for lifting and another electric motor for lateral movement and can carry more than 20 tonnes of load under the monorail beam. Specific power travel hoists can be designed with more massive load-bearing abilities. This Hoist can genuinely deliver the desired performance, especially in steel mills and chemical plants.
- Double Rail Hoist: The double rail hoist is specifically designed for a singular purpose of supporting double girder cranes. It is also commonly termed as the crab hoist amongst the industry. Double girder cranes are mostly used for an extended period and hence required a piece of specialized hoist equipment. This is where the crab hoist crawls along smoothly and gets the job done.
- Flame Proof Hoist: The name completely describes its utility and is instrumental in hazardous environments prone to fire. Chemical plants and oil refineries are common areas of applications where this Hoist is required. Its working ability is similar to a typical hoist and can be electrically operated by virtue of a handheld pendant.
- Flexible Trolley Hoist: This one is the most versatile hoisting equipment of them all and provides sufficient manoeuvrability. It is particularly useful in environments requiring cross movements. It is capable of navigating through twists and turns and can easily change its course when needed. Massive warehouses and manufacturing units cannot do without them.
- Other kinds: Apart from the common ones mentioned above, there are also a few variations of electric Hoist, which are modifications of the basic types. A few common varieties are the double rail type hoists and the suspension hosts which operate on a similar principle but a different set of industry applications.
What important here is, you must be familiar with the specifications of the wire rope hoist if you are going to buy the same. Of course, it is not possible to become technically sound, but knowing critical features and significant specifications are always going to help you. In addition to this, you must take note of what sort of Hoist you need and what function it is going to perform.
How to select the right hoist for yourself?
- Load lifting requirement: Check with your team that what weight needs to be listed on the site. Then, go for the electric wire rope hoist that has more capacity than your daily requirement. This enhances the durability of the Hoist as well as reduces the risk of accidents. With this simple care, you can add extra safety, quality and durability at your work site. By choosing the right product, the work speed fastens up and also in future if the need for more weight lifting comes up, you are ready for that.
- Expected Number of Lifts: This also must be taken into consideration that how many numbers of lift is expected daily. The tensile strength required for different weights and numbers of a turn is as significant as other criteria. As for different materials, tensile strength needed is also different. So, while buying a machine, you must watch out for the expected number of lifts and choose the type as according.
- Evaluate your Future Needs: The success of a business lies in growth and development. One has to expand its horizon with time for better profits, and that requires better investment. So, while purchasing a hoist, you take it as an investment for your business. Make sure to include future requirements in your investment, so that it turns out to be beneficial in the long run.
- Prioritize your requirements: The most common thought comes to people while buying a wire rope hoist that it needs to be sturdy, robust and durable enough. But, this is not the correct approach. Instead, you need to see what sort of products need to be lifted at your site and if there are sensible products in the list, give good emphasis on that. Hoist with professional control and strengthened ropes are more fit than simply rough and tough ones. Grip, flexibility, and material all requirements vary as per need. Prioritize your requirements and purchase hoist that covers your need most efficiently.
- Selecting between Wire Hoist or Chain Hoist: For higher load lifting, wire hoist fit the requirement more precisely. For small scale work, chain hoist is more suitable as it compactly does the job. So, both have different suitability, and choice should go as per the type of work. When you need accuracy in work, versatility is in demand, and applications can be different even in routine days, wire hoist is preferred over chain hoist. In case of more affordable choice, you can go with the chain hoist. It is more economical. These are compact and mostly used as an alternative of wire hoist in small scale business space. In moist weather condition or unfavourable weather change, chain hoists are preventive. Even salty materials and chemicals don’t impact chain hoists.
So, you need to see what sort of lifting requirement, environmental condition, budget and number of lifts are there. Analyzing these criteria would help you in the precise selection of the Electric Wire Rope Hoist that will benefit your business in the best possible ways.
Why is RMS Industries the best manufacturer of hoists?
RMS Industries was established in 1991, and since then we made ourselves a reputation of manufacturing heavy machinery related equipment of excellent quality. We have been producing and supplying equipment such as electric and mechanic hoists throughout the Indian subcontinent and have barely faltered in our delivery expectation level.
The niche we have made for ourselves is in producing highly durable and efficient machinery that are used extensively in industries across the country. This includes the different kinds of hoists that are described above and are useful in many industrial applications. Our official website provides an extensive catalogue where one can find details of such hoists and their specifications. RMS Industries also has very well renowned customer support which will assist you in repair and maintenance as and when required. Our products flaunt modular designs and are top of the shelf quality when it comes to mechanical operability.
When you set off for buying hoisting equipment ensure you know what purpose you want it to serve and what specifications of the hoist parts you require. The environment that it will work in is also crucial in determining the types of Electric Hoist that will suit your purpose. Once that is ascertained, you can visit our website anytime and look up the Hoist that you want and decide on buying it or just drop us a mail, and we will do the rest.