Electrical Overhead Travelling (EOT) cranes are commonly used for factory or industrial applications such as paper mills, steelyards, aeronautics and automotive repair shops etc. They are the most commonly used type of overhead cranes and extremely useful as well. These cranes have parallel runways, where the gap is maintained by a travelling bridge on which the hoist is mounted. As the name says, these cranes are run electrically either with an operator cabin that is attached to the EOT Crane or through a control pendant. These cranes are equipped with the capability to lower or raise heavy loads additional to travelling in both directions. These cranes work over railyards which are set on girders over the head.
Single Girder EOT Cranes
Single Girder Cranes consists of one main bridge and are happens too much lighter than double girder in structure. This makes it a very good choice for light industrial applications. The main parts of the single girder cranes include an electrically managed hoist, the main bridge, and end beams.
Double Girder EOT Cranes
On the other hand, double girder cranes are much more profitable and are utilized for operations that need a higher load-carrying capacity. These cranes include two main bridges which make them much more strong and robust in construction. Made to help in heavy-duty operations, these EOT cranes are manufactured with better aesthetics and usefulness when compared to single girder cranes. Considering the imperativeness of this specific asset, one must consider its utility and cost-effectiveness. Ensure you are buying an overhead crane you ask for particular quality assurances proffered by the manufacturer.
What are the parts of Electric Overhead Travelling Crane (EOT Crane)?
An Electric Overhead Travelling Crane (EOT crane) includes two different parts-
- Bridge or Crane Girder
- Hoist or Crab
Bridge: The bridge includes one girder for single girder EOT crane and two main girders in double girder EOT crane, permanently placed at their ends and coupled to other structural components called the end carriages. In the two end carriages, there are mounted four or more wheels which give the longitudinal motion to the main bridge along the length of the workshop. The bridge motion is created from an electric motor which is accelerated to a shaft running crossways the full span of the bridge and next to that geared to a wheel at every end. In some designs, separate motors may be placed at every corner of the main bridge. The wheels run on two heavy rails permanently placed above the floor level all along the length of the shop on two girders, named gantry girder.
Hoist or Crab: The hoist includes the lifting machinery placed in a frame, which is in turn fixed on four wheels and consists of suitable machinery for traversing the hoist to and fro motion crosswise under the main girder of the crane bridge. The hoist wheels operate on the bottom flange of the main bridge. The Crab includes the hoisting machinery placed on a frame, which is in turn fixed on at least four wheels and consists of suitable machinery for traversing the Crab to and fro motion along the main bridge girders of the crane. The crab wheels operate on two rail sections mounted on the top flange of the main bridge. As such the load hook forms three different motions, these being cross traverse of the Crab, the hoisting, and longitudinal movement of the whole crane. Each motion is mastered independently of the other motions by particular controllers located in a control cage or in a suitable position for managing from the floor by pendent chains.
Numbers of Parts of EOT Crane-
- Bridge– 1 or 2
- End carriage– 2
- Wheel of the bridge– At least 4
- Crab (without auxiliary hoist)– 1 or Hoisting machinery set– 1
- Wheels of Crab– At least 4
- Bottom Block (without auxiliary hoist) – 1
- Lifting hook– 1
- Rail on the gantry girder for long travel movement of crane– 2
- Rail on the bridge for cross travel movement of Crab– 2
- Operator cabin– 1 (optional)
Following are the unique attributes of our EOT Cranes:
- EOT cranes consist of an optimally designed structure to avert albatross and minimize the by and large equipment cost.
- They are one of the best powerhouse cranes, where they are utilized for maintenance purposes.
- All such cranes are economically designed with cross travel and long travel features with an alternative for utilizing either a motorized chain pulley block or an electric hoist whichever is needed for use.
- Box type structure for bridge girders makes sure to provide strength with weight and reduction in cost.
- Low headroom cranes which minimize the cost of the shed/ building are also available.
- For EOT cranes, customized designs can be made when provided the specifications.
- EOT Cranes are made for high‐speed processes to make sure high productivity and to reduce losses, thereby improving the overall effectiveness of the process.
LOADMATE dedicatedly manufactures a wide variety of high quality, heavy-duty Custom EOT cranes, which are constructed using finest raw materials and excellent-quality components such as M.S. Plates & angles, ‘I’ beams, Motors & brakes etc.