Hoists are very useful systems for lifting and lowering heavy loads with a chain or rope. The rope needs to wind around a drum and a chain needs to roll over a load wheel to accomplish the task. However, you can find different types of lifting media with these hoists. Most of the industries choose electric chain hoists to lift their loads.
Electric Chain Hoists – Know about their working principle
Modern electric hoists include chain wheels or rope drums, using electricity for smooth performance. They have a closed chain looking like a loop to facilitate the process of lifting a load. For your construction and manufacturing businesses, you can invest in these electric chain hoists. You have to drag the chain to simplify the load lifting process.
You have to install an electric hoist on an I-shaped steel-rolled beam with a desired height and span. There is a variation in the size of this I-beam based on the span and on the electric hoist’s weight lifting capacity.
The first functionality of an electric hoist is to turn on the hoist motor, lift the load to a height, and trigger the trolley motor to move the weight. To prevent the fall of the load, there is an electromagnetic brake on a lifting process.
Electric chain hoists are effective in moving heavyweights from one site to another. You can do that with one push to a button. You do not need to engage a super skilful operator to operate this user-friendly system. Thus, you can save money, as you may avoid hiring professionals. The overall operations will turn out to be affordable in the future.
At LOADMATE, we have put forward some guidelines on the use of chains to minimize risks. Regular inspection will keep you away from any mishap.
You may use oil on your chain before starting operation with the electric chain hoist. The frequency of lubrication and the amount of oil needed for your chain depend on your usage. The chain of electric hoists performs its function at about 2-15 meter per minute. The integrated brake system ensures the safe rotation of this chain. We have listed some other instructions for these electric chain hoists.
- When you are not physically fit, you must not use the hoist
- Your hoist works with safety devices, including hook latch, load brakes, limit switch, and emergency stop. Before using this hoist, you need to make sure that you know about those devices.
- Do not re-rate, modify, and change the hoisting equipment
- Never use your normal electric hoist system in an explosive environment.
- Never think that the hoist is one of the welding electrodes
- While lifting the load, you must not leave it unattended
- It is risky when you are lifting a load that crosses the capacity of your electric chain hoist
- The inching operation must no go beyond the rated start/stops limit of the motor
- The bottom hook of the load chain and the pendant button switch cable must be vertically stable
Choosing a reliable Electric Chain Hoist
One of the most important steps is to find a reliable manufacturer and supplier of electric chain hoists. However, it is also essential to focus on the below-mentioned factors to make the right choice.
- Load weight– The load to be lifted determines what hoists you have to buy.
- Lifting speed– You need to calibrate it for the successful loading and unloading process of materials.
- Your work environment– Some factory environments may cause abrasion for your machinery. For instance, under a very high-temperature condition, your hoist can start malfunctioning. Similarly, very low-temperature level results in cracks and freezing issues of internal parts. The frequent fluctuation of temperature is another risk of your system, and you can face the risk of short circuits.
- Height of your lift– You want to lift your load up to a height. This factor is important for choosing the right hoist model. There is a container with electric hoist. The increased height denotes a longer chain and a bigger container. However, too much large containers can turn out to be a barrier to your load lifting process.
- The duty cycle– It indicates the duration for which you will use the hoist. This factor has a relation to longevity. Thus, the duty cycle length is one of the important things, as your system has to disperse heat from motors.
RMS Industries in Gujarat is one of the best manufacturers of electric chain hoists, chain pulley blocks, Manual Trolleys & Cranes. You have to identify the right model based on your business needs. Moreover, you must know the technical details of your chosen chain hoists. LOADMATE offers a safer and faster performance of these hoists. We also manufacture cranes of different models to serve their clients.